09 August 2008

Viva la France

Thanks for all the messages! I made it to France, to the light house, in 10:13 or 10:16. I left some skin on the rocks for good measure. I was seasick about 3 hours in and left some snacks for the gulls and fishes. Felt much better after that. Crew was seasick with me. I am safe and happy. A good hot bath is in order.

Thanks so much to Chris and his crew and my crew for sticking it out with me when the going got tough and we all had our doubts. Thanks to everyone I met on the beach this week, Freda, Barry, Irene, Louise and Cliff, Bill and Audrey at the Victoria Guest House and the Connecticut crew.

Now I know a little something about the Channel and I'm looking forward to taking the ferry next time.

I forgot who told me about the peppermint tea this week... it was my savior.

Cheers,
Dori

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Felicitations! Huron Beach is proud of you. You are World Class!

Shurl said...

Hey Dori!

You are amazing! Can you teach me how to swim?

:-)

I can't wait to hear about all the details.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Dori! I hope the seagulls enjoyed their dinner...Crabman is proud. Lindsay and I are looking forward to hearing everything when you come back. Please enjoy a few pints and some R&R. You deserve it.

Tommy and Lindsay

manhattan said...

AWESOME SWIM,DORI
LOVE YOU, MOM & DAD

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! Luv, Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

You ROCK!! Congrats and big hugs from Boston. - Jen

Anonymous said...

Dori....
CONGRATULATIONS!!! BIG HUGS FROM MINNESOTA....WHAT A GREAT JOB VERY WELL DONE!! SO WHAT IS YOUR NEXT BIG VENTURE???
A friend of your parents, Barbara Baum

Anonymous said...

Dori - Congratulations from San Diego - Cory & I are so proud of you. Your accomplishment is something to cherish. Welcome to the club of successful crossings. I hope you picked up a small rock from France. Scott & Cory

Anonymous said...

I knew you could do it!

Lou Reed!

Anonymous said...

Dori, without a doubt you are truely amazing and i've told everyone that i know that on 8/8/08 my college roomie swam the freaking english channel! you rock and i'm so proud of you!

Unknown said...

Congrats from the CMSC slow lane! That's incredible!!

Trigirlpink said...

Hi Dori!
Paul and I saw your pictures this moring that Heather sent. OMG..That is so awesome!!! You did it!! Congratulations!!

JessTM said...

Congratulations, Dori! I've enjoyed getting all of the updates from your year of training and I've been so impressed all the way through! Best, Jessica T-M

Run Like A Girl said...

Congratulations Dori! We are all so proud of you!!

Anonymous said...

Bravo, Dori! What a great swim! Just watching the video made me feel seasick and cold. But you overcame the elements and swam the English Channel. I'm proud to know you.

Sharon