31 July 2010

The first few days in Dover

After an 8-hour flight, 9-hour layover in Singapore and another 12-hour flight, I arrived in London on Sunday. I spend a day in London shopping, going to the National Gallery, running errands and having dinner with Tony (my crew).

On Tuesday I took the high speed train to Dover. I am staying at the Victoria Guest House with Bill and Audrey. I am in the same room I had in 2008.
Dover from my bedroom window.

Every morning I go down to the beach to swim to swim for 1-2 hours to loosen up and keep in shape.

Laura and Dori on Dover Beach.

Dover Beach at low tide.
Dover pebbles.
Looking through the harbour walls with a ferry and France in the background.

Interestingly, I came all the way to England and met Aussies from Sydney. We've been training in the harbour and chatting at the walls.
Dave (my crew), me and Aussies Steve and Jeff.

No comments: