08 August 2008

Swimming the English Channel... TODAY!!!

I thought I would be posting photos from our little hike along the White Cliffs yesterday. But, it turns out that today I am going to swim the English Channel!! I forgot to set my alarm clock so Dave woke me at 9am with a note that Chris, my pilot had called. I called Chris over breakfast and he said that there a small window of good weather today.

We will be setting off from Samphire Hoe at 2:30 pm BST. There are northwesterly winds today so they will be at my back and hopefully giving me a little push to France.

Hopefully 8.8.08 will be my lucky day.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Dori! Elizabeth

Mer said...

GOOD LUCK!!!

LindsayG said...

Swim hard! We are all thinking about you stateside!!

Elaine Howley said...

WHOO HOOO!
And the people on the chat group have started refering to you as that "fast American lady." Now there's a compliment if I ever heard one. You're gonna be fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! We're thinking of you.
Mary Beth

Anonymous said...

Good Luck kiddo we are thinking about you! - Scott & Cory

Shurl said...

HI Dori,

How exciting!! I echo everyone's sentiments when I say good luck and congratulations!

Yoda said...

Do, or do not; there is no "try".

Yoda said...

"Do, or do not; there is no 'try'".

Anonymous said...

Hello Dori from NC.

We are holding our breath for every stroke you take and know you
can make it across the big lake.

We anticipate a victory toast to your great accomplishment.

Here's to your towels on the otherside.

Ken and Lorraine